Learning outcomes for the criminology undergraduate program
- Students will demonstrate academic proficiency in the core criminal justice areas (law enforcement, law and corrections).
- Students will be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, using appropriate references and technologies.
- Students will be able to assess the basic quality of research in criminology and criminal justice publications and other media.
- Students will be able to evaluate ethical issues related to the criminal justice system and criminology.
- Students will identify issues of diversity and human rights in relation to the workings of the criminal justice system and criminology.
- Students will employ critical thinking skills when evaluating issues in criminology and criminal justice.