Jump start your master's degree
The criminology program offers an accelerated master's program for undergraduate criminology majors, which provides preliminary acceptance into the Master of Science in Criminology program. Through this option, you may take up to 12 hours of graduate credit to satisfy both the requirements for bachelor's and master's degrees in criminology. Please note that only six of these hours may count as electives in the criminology undergraduate program, while the remaining six hours may count as free electives toward the 125 hours required for a bachelor's degree.
To be admitted into the accelerated master's option, you must fulfill the requirements listed below:
- Hold junior standing and an overall GPA of at least 3.25
- Complete CRM 210, 320, 340 and six additional hours of CRM with at least a 3.4 GPA
- Submit a written statement of purpose explaining why you want to pursue the accelerated master's program and your prospective plans following graduation
- Submit two reference letters from faculty members familiar with your academic performance
- Complete the application to the Graduate College and provide the required application fee. You will be applying for the semester and year immediately following your anticipated graduation date
- Receive formal admittance into the accelerated master's option from the Criminology Graduate Admissions Committee
Before enrolling in a course for both undergraduate and graduate credit, you must receive prior approval from the graduate program advisor, the department head and the dean of the Graduate College. All approvals must be completed prior to the end of the change of schedule period for the course.